Fragile Downloads

« Older   Newer »
view post Posted on 9/5/2016, 11:28     +7   +1   -1

Councillor

Group:
Honour:
+1,650

For various and probably unknowable reasons, some download hosts are sometimes rather flakey with some files; a trick that not everybody knows about is that firefox has a 'resume' option (the little curved arrow trying to bite its tail when the download fails). If you get it soon enough, it sometimes works with some hosts. We don't have a list, but a recent sucess is:

• uploaded.net

If others append any success they have, we will have a little database (I think I had a success with either depostfiles or openload recently, but can't remember which).

view post Posted on 9/5/2016, 13:19     +3   +1   -1

Grand Duke

Group:
Honour:
+2,290

QUOTE (Sintricate1 @ 9/5/2016, 23:28) 
For various and probably unknowable reasons, some download hosts are sometimes rather flakey with some files; a trick that not everybody knows about is that firefox has a 'resume' option (the little curved arrow trying to bite its tail when the download fails). If you get it soon enough, it sometimes works with some hosts. We don't have a list, but a recent sucess is:

• uploaded.net

If others append any success they have, we will have a little database (I think I had a success with either depostfiles or openload recently, but can't remember which).

Sometimes successful

Zippyshare (rare - usually requires restart)
Mega
Userscloud
4shared

Always successful

Mediafire
Sendspace

Contacts  Top
view post Posted on 13/5/2016, 07:41     +2   +1   -1

Archduke

Group:
Honour:
+779

Usually "download managers" offer such option. They may exist as an addon for FireFox, like the popular DownThemAll, FlasgGet, Download Manager Tweek, etc.

-https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/search/?sort=users&q=Download+Manager+&appver=46.0&platform=windows&_pjax=true

Angus McDonald
view post Posted on 15/5/2016, 12:17     +1   -1

Thank you very much flowerspower, always useful and good advice, everybody should use a download manager.

flowerspower, The devil seems to have caught up with you :D

view post Posted on 20/5/2016, 16:03     +1   -1

Archduke

Group:
Honour:
+779

QUOTE (Angus McDonald @ 15/5/2016, 13:17) 
Thank you very much flowerspower, always useful and good advice, everybody should use a download manager.

flowerspower, The devil seems to have caught up with you :D

Can't get rid of that bloody 666, damn ! :D

4 replies since 9/5/2016, 11:28   876 views