The great Vimeo thread, Legacy Vimeo thread

« Older   Newer »
view post Posted on 23/10/2014, 07:14     +3   +1   -1

Count

Group:
Honour:
+361

QUOTE (flowerspower @ 22/10/2014, 17:56) 
An simple account on Vimeo does not give the possibility to see where the visitors come from, only the Adm. has that privilege.

Even I can see the referers on vimeo videos if the statistics display is enabled for the video, so it's obvious that the uploader can also see them

You may also disable your referer
in your browser (turn it to 0, instead of usually 2 by default) ;)

That doesn't help if I disable the referer if the hundreds of other people coming here don't and they just click on the link giving away the referer page. You can't make everyone to disable the referer in their browsers before clicking the link. That's why text-only links here are a good idea. In that case the user has to copy/paste the link to the address bar, so the referer won't appear for the vimeo uploader.

That's why I'm proposing making it an official policy to use only text links in this thread (and the Youtube thread as well), and not clickable direct links.

1234xh
view post Posted on 23/10/2014, 07:51     +1   +1   -1

QUOTE (bodilan @ 23/10/2014, 08:14) 
An simple account on Vimeo does not give the possibility to see where the visitors come from, only the Adm. has that privilege.

Even I can see the referers on vimeo videos if the statistics display is enabled for the video, so it's obvious that the uploader can also see them

You may also disable your referer
in your browser (turn it to 0, instead of usually 2 by default) ;)

That doesn't help if I disable the referer if the hundreds of other people coming here don't and they just click on the link giving away the referer page. You can't make everyone to disable the referer in their browsers before clicking the link. That's why text-only links here are a good idea. In that case the user has to copy/paste the link to the address bar, so the referer won't appear for the vimeo uploader.

That's why I'm proposing making it an official policy to use only text links in this thread (and the Youtube thread as well), and not clickable direct links.

Bodilan has a valid point and his proposal is now offical policy

view post Posted on 23/10/2014, 08:19     +4   +1   -1

Councillor

Group:
Honour:
+1,650

Let's see have I managed to do this for "Madness of the Gods 2.0" (don't find it here using seach, tho it's not new)

vimeo.com/86073779

first go no, had to edit and remove the https:// and surrouding [URL] stuff. Removing 'https://' from the front seems to stop the message-saver from creating a clickable link.

The piece has a nice first 18m45s, starting a bit of strobing, then with both rolling around on the floor naked (less well-lit I think than the first version), then a long segment where she's nude and he's got silver pants on. Then after 18:45 they're both clothed. So the message must have to do with growing distance and relationship deterioration.

Edited by Sintricate1 - 23/10/2014, 10:19

view post Posted on 23/10/2014, 08:34     +2   +1   -1

Archduke

Group:
Honour:
+779

Hi BR,
Yes you make a confusion between I.P. and proxies, and there are different ways to proxify your connection (manually, web proxies, VPN, JohnDonym, Tor, etc.) ;)

@bodilan: I don't have an account on Vimeo, but that's surprising they give the option to users to have access to that kind of data (for what for to start with ?). That members like to know how many times their videos have been viewed can be interesting to assess their popularity, but to let them know about where their viewers come from is of little interest, if any.

One can be certain that suppressing the hotlinks will not solve the problem at all. Why Vimeo uploaders would be scared or worried that people from here are watching their videos, and therefore delete or make them private, whereas if they come from other sites, that would be all okay for them. In short, NOS forum would be seen as a treath, but if the rest of the world watch their videos, that's perfect. That makes no sense.
The problem is certainly elsewhere, like producers monitoring what is posted here and/or on Vimeo, Youtube, etc.

After all everything (or almost) that is posted on Vimeo or Youtube are public no ? So that watchers come from here or from the Moon does not really matter.

Do as you wish ;)

You can just write them in code mode

CODE
https://www.vimeo.com/86073779

so that the hotlink is neutralized

view post Posted on 23/10/2014, 08:42     +4   +1   -1

Count

Group:
Honour:
+361

QUOTE (flowerspower @ 23/10/2014, 09:34) 
@bodilan: I don't have an account on Vimeo, but that's surprising they give the option to users to have access to that kind of data (for what for to start with ?). That members like to know how many times their videos have been viewed can be interesting to assess their popularity, but to let them know about where their viewers come from is of little interest, if any.

Video owners may be interested in where their videos are embedded, that's why this info is given. If the stats is not disabled then you can click the stats link on any vimeo video's page and then clicking on top url embeds you can see where the video is embedded.

QUOTE (flowerspower @ 23/10/2014, 09:34) 
One can be certain that suppressing the hotlinks will not solve the problem at all. Why Vimeo uploaders would be scared or worried that people from here are watching their videos, and therefore delete or make them private, whereas if they come from other sites, that would be all okay for them. In short, NOS forum would be seen as a treath, but if the rest of the world watch their videos, that's perfect.

Some video owners don't mind if their videos are embedded on "art" sites, but they do mind if they are linked from forums where nudity is the main focus. That's why it can be useful if the referer is not given.

view post Posted on 23/10/2014, 08:44     +2   +1   -1

Councillor

Group:
Honour:
+1,650

I think the text-link only policy is worth trying for a while.

block_rounder4
view post Posted on 23/10/2014, 09:42     +2   +1   -1

I have just now edited an item I posted a few days ago in the Daily Motion thread. I changed the direct link to one which must be copied and pasted to the browser address bar. I also passed along the information about this policy change. I noticed afterwards that it has also been posted in the "Guidelines" thread.

view post Posted on 23/10/2014, 09:58     +1   +1   -1

Grand Duke

Group:
Honour:
+1,799

QUOTE (Sintricate1 @ 23/10/2014, 09:19) 
Let's see have I managed to do this for "Madness of the Gods 2.0" (don't find it here using seach, tho it's not new)
vimeo.com/86073779

Posted here https://nakedonstage.forumfree.it/?t=54431421&st=450 8/02/14

I have noticed sometimes that the search can be out. I usually search with the url address and if it is not located I then use the title of the clip also sometimes the artist.

view post Posted on 23/10/2014, 13:38     +3   +1   -1

Baron

Group:
Honour:
+109

I cant´t understand it, really. If a person uploads a video in the web for sharing I think the objective is to spread and reach more people. Is not very important what kind of forums share its links. If someone uploads a video containing nudity it's obvious there'll be people watching it interested in art, people intersted in art AND nudity, and people interested in nudity and NOT in art. That's part of the rule.

view post Posted on 23/10/2014, 19:58     +2   +1   -1

Grand Poobah

Group:
Honour:
+3,667

So here's an interesting story about art, artists, nudity, vimeo and people like us, or at least people like me.

I had liked a dance video - it was an extensive rehearsal and work-in-progress from a Philadelphia-area dancer, a fair amount of nudity. So she wrote me (and presumably others who had liked her video) with a request - she was doing a new "wild, ecstatic, and passionate" project for "fans like you..." - where she would develop a dance over several months and share it with subscribers. The promo web site did feature her body for sure.

So I wrote her back. I told her why I had liked the video originally - how it was stimulated a voyeuristic fetish (there I go again) and how I found it titillating, and that her writing me, even in a form letter, stimulated that fetish even more. I asked her whether that was her intention. She responded that she hadn't thought of her use of nudity as titillating, but liked having the connection with her viewers to better understand them.

I didn't subscribe in the end.... Her nude videos are all gone now, a year later.

block_rounder4
view post Posted on 23/10/2014, 20:24     +1   +1   -1

@3bh (above) -- rotflmao!

1234xh
view post Posted on 23/10/2014, 21:37     +1   -1

threebaldheads, sounds interesting do you have any pictures or videoclips ?

view post Posted on 24/10/2014, 09:28     +3   +1   -1

Archduke

Group:
Honour:
+779

QUOTE (1234xh @ 23/10/2014, 22:37) 
threebaldheads, sounds interesting do you have any pictures or videoclips ?

Yes but then he would break the no leaking rules :P

@3bh: interesting story !

"She responded that she hadn't thought of her use of nudity as titillating": or she is naive or hypocrite.

In Western societies (and elsewhere), nudity is always (almost always) titillating, because we live covered with clothes, and when we engage in love and intimacy, that's always naked, so we associate nakedness with love and sexuality. Only peoples who live naked (in Africa, Amazon, etc.) do not have this kind of automatic association.

view post Posted on 24/10/2014, 15:36     +2   +1   -1

Baron

Group:
Honour:
+109

"she is naive or hypocrite". Yes. I think so.

1234xh
view post Posted on 24/10/2014, 17:13     +1   +1   -1

Well back to the videos..
Portrait of my time
screenshot_00004
CODE
http://vimeo.com/109581612

2201 replies since 11/3/2011, 19:47   5285790 views