The great Vimeo thread, Legacy Vimeo thread

« Older   Newer »
block_rounder4
icon10  view post Posted on 1/5/2015, 21:51 by: block_rounder4     +3   +1   -1

QUOTE (stefanowitz2 @ 30/4/2015, 07:54) 
Fragment of Frankenstein, with plastic nudity. After 2:00 one of the dancers is really naked.
(IMG:https://i.imgur.com/HqbnMGl.jpg)
Part 1 [no real nudity] vimeo.com/10412051
Part 2 [fake --> real ] vimeo.com/10413194

I like that phrase you used in the description, "plastic nudity." Of course it refers to the use of a "merkin," an item covering the public mound but designed to look like naked flesh, specifically to resemble that "obscure object of desire" as it is called in the title of a Luis Bunuel film. :rolleyes:

The phrase also brings to my mind a scene in another film, albeit one which I consider vastly over-rated, namely "The Graduate." In that scene, the main character is given advice to the effect that there is one word he must keep in mind -- "Plastic." The word is bursting with multiple meanings, and resonated especially with young audiences of that era for whom the word "plastic" was a derogatory general description of bourgeois society and all its works and pomps. Of course, the word is also used as a slang expression in reference to credit cards.

Plastic is ubiquitous because plastic is useful. Plastic is also synonymous with falsehood.

2200 replies since 11/3/2011, 19:47   5284690 views